Tuesday, December 11, 2007

HP DV4000 DC Jack Repair

The DV4000 isn't a common laptop I see but they come in maybe once a month for dc jack repair.
This DV4000 had no battery life and the dc jack seemed pretty solid so I was a little uneasy about the repair. When the laptop was all torn down the dc jack looked fine. The voltage pin and all solder looked good on the dc jack.
The DV4000 uses a strange jack that requires a long soldering tip to get the dc jack de-soldered properly.
I replaced the jack and was pleasantly surprised when the laptop fired up.

6 comments:

clax said...

My roomates computer has no power either. We tried a new power adapter, but no luck. I suspected the dc jack needed to be resoldered, but I dont have any experience taking apart laptops. how much would a shop charge for this? she doesnt have much money, would it be hard for me to do? could you give me some instruction to disassemble? I'm just trying to help someone else

cheap computers said...

The DV4000 uses a strange jack that requires a long soldering tip to get the dc jack de-soldered properly.

andy said...

good blog,like it!

lily said...

thanks for providing useful information!

angel said...

wish u a happy life!

soreya said...

very nice blog, very informative.