Friday, December 7, 2007

Acer Aspire 3000 / 3004LCi DC Jack Repair

These Acer 3000 series laptops use the same dc jacks as the hp zt3000 / Compaq X1000 and many others. The dc jack is a six pin, 1.65mm center pin style.
This Acer 3000 came in with the symptom if being able to wiggle the ac adapter plug to get the laptop to charge and power on.
When the laptop was all torn down the voltage pin looked pretty good but after de-soldering the dc jack I could tell it had an internal break which is very common for these Acer laptops.
After the new dc jack was installed the laptop powered on without any problems.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have an acer computer. I was told by Acer the repair would be $400 for replacing the dc plug. Of course the computer was not worth that. We had just had the plug repair by them under warranty in January and it was bad again by March. Of course their warranty on repairs is only 30 days. We bought a new laptop and my husband wanted to find a way to repair the old one to use in his semi. I found Pomerroy Computing by luck. I was nervous about sending the computer to him. Took lots of pics for proof of ownership. I had nothing to worry about though. He repaired the computer in no time and returned it in great condition. And guess what!! We have a computer that works and a 1 year warranty to boot!. I suggest him to everyone that has this problem. Fast, effective and definately cheaper than the manufacturer. Will use Steve for all my future repairs!! Teresa Yancey, Fulton, MO

timelord50 said...

I Have A Acer Aspire 5052AWXMi Laptop but im trying to find out the part number so i can replace but i have had no joy finding it could you halp please

Pomeroy Computing said...

Are you looking for the replacement dc jack?

timelord50 said...

Yes I am, but i've had no joy finding the part number.

timelord50 said...

i can repair it myself easily but i can't find the part number to go and get a replacement pin for which to repair my laptop

timelord50 said...

Could you please tell me how to get the part number online then the rest is easy.

Thanks 02whitwortha