Monday, December 3, 2007

Dell Latitude D600

When this laptop came in it had no symptoms of a dc jack except the fact the supposedly it worked on battery but stopped charging. When I got the laptop opened up the dc jack had no signs of failure. I always replace the jack regardless of what the jack area looks like in case it has some type of internal failure. On this series of laptops (600m, 500m, D500, D505, D510, D600, D610) I see this same symptom. I replace the jack and it still doesn't charge. It has come circuitry problem on the motherboard but it gives the symptom of a dc jack. I was never able to do the wiggle trick to get the laptop to power on.
The motherboards for a D600/600m run about $120+ shipping on ebay so I was able to obtain a replacement and that fixed the problem. Now the laptop powers on and everything is working fine.

No comments: