Monday, October 8, 2007

Dell Inspiron 700M




The owner of this laptop bought the jack from me and tried to do it himself. I never recommend this but I'll sell you the jack if you really want.
This laptop uses a nine pin jack which is pretty rare. I feel like dell doesn't use much solder and that's part of the problem on these. This jack style usually has small burns on the voltage pins that create the ability to wiggle it to get it to charge.
In this case the jack was just loose and as always needed to be replaced. He brought it back to me with a bad solder job (can't blame someone who's probably never done this) and one of the voltage pins didn't have enough solder.
I simply gave it the proper solder job like seen on the side pictures and that was all I could do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

iv been trying to replace the dc power connector on my dell inspiron 6000 but i cant get the solder on the board to melt!!my soldering station goes up to 480 degrees,can anyone tell me what im doing wrong, please help

Pomeroy Computing said...

Are you trying to de-solder? If so you need to use de-soldering braid.