Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dell Inspiron 5150



These laptops are very similar to the Inspiron 1150 and 5160. They use the same nine pin jack that many of the latest dells use.
The jack was so loose that when the laptop was torn down I could literally pull the jack off without any desoldering. After the jack is removed I still did the standard desolder job to get all the old jack parts and solder off.
The picture shows what a motherboard looks like after the jack has been properly desoldered. You can now add the new jack (also pictured) and give the proper solder job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm so glad i found you blog. I had the same problem on my 5150 which once i plugged the power cord, those 3 lights at front started blinking. However, i was able to stop them from blinking if i was either twisting or bending a little bit the power connector. So i guess the power jack needs to be replaced. Is this similar to your problem? Thanks!