Thursday, February 23, 2012

MSI S6000/MS-16D3 DC Power Jack Repair


This MSI S6000 laptop came in with a physically broken power plug. The customer reported plugging the power cord in and the dc input collapsing back into the laptop. On any physically broken jack it will need to be replaced not repaired. We replace 99% of the time anyway though.
The MS-16D3 has the standard five pin, 2.5mm dc jack that Asus and MSI have used for years. The laptop needs to be completely taken apart to access the soldered on jack. Like others, the plug is located on a separate I/O board that plugs into the motherboard but it still needs soldering work done.
Once replaced the laptop works great!

1 comment:

medic458 said...

Can I get the I/O board and the plug so I don't have to solder? medic458@me.com

Thanks,