Tuesday, October 6, 2009

hp dv6000 DC Power Jack Repair

I usually fix about five of the hp dv6000 laptops a month. They usually have the missing center pin or common loose connection symptoms.
You need to make sure you have the 65 watt version of the jack because the 90 watt version won't work with the jack.
This dv6660se came in with the classic symptom of being able to hold the ac adapter plug in just the right way to get the laptop to power on.
After replacing the dc jack the laptop has a solid connection and powers up/charges the battery.

1 comment:

haleyrfolds said...

I have this exact problem. I had to hold the charger i njust the right position for my laptop to charge. But I guess from doing that for the past couple of months its worn down the prong and today it broke off!! Is it possible to replace this or am I screwed?