Friday, October 9, 2009

Dell Studio 1535 DC Jack Repair

This dell studio 1535 came in with a physically broken power port. The plastic area was cracked and jack very loose.
When I searched for the correct jack I saw vendors advertising the traditional dc jack that dell has been using for years that I keep stocked at all times. After the laptop was opened up I saw this was no ordinary dell dc jack. The dc jack was a cable style jack that plugs into the motherboard via a cable that has the dc jack soldered on the end.
I searched for a part and could not find one. I called dell and they were insistent the jack was indeed soldered on the motherboard. After being shuffled around to a couple different dell techs they realized it was a cable style dc jack.
I received the dc jack ( Item # K324D) and was able to replace it. The laptop is now working great.

No comments: