Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dell Inspiron 1521 Power Problems

The 1521 is one of dells latest home laptops. It has since been replaced by the 1525 but uses the same dc jack as other dell laptops from the past four years.
It features a nice 15.4" widescreen, up to 4gb ram, AMD turion dual core cpu, optional integrated bluetooth, and much more.
This 1521 came in with a physically broken dc jack plug. It's very new and probably not susceptible to becoming loose as of yet.
It uses the standard nine pin dc jack and can use either a 65w (PA-12) or 90w (PA-10) ac adapter.
The laptop needs to be completely torn down to the motherboard to access the dc jack receptacle.
The power plug was replaced and the laptop powers on with no problems.
The only thing I wish the Inspiron family came with is a docking station.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a dell inspiron 6000 with a losse power jack. can i charge my computer through a docking atation - bypassing the loose power jack?

xanax said...

I just recently set up my very first article site. y new site is in I wanted to look at other blogs to get ideas on how to make my blog awesome and I got a lot of great ideas off of your blog.thanks for the great ideas,I hope you don�t mind? I want to include some of your article on my site and of course I will link back to your site.Thank You.